Syntax error on 0.4 & 0.5 pre-release

Aug 7, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Yesterday evening (8/6) I started getting syntax errors from Chirpr. I thought it had something to do with twitter going down while I was at work. So I uninstalled and reinstalled version 0.4. That didn't fix the problem so I came here and downloaded teh 0.5 pre-release because that seems to be the common solution for a lot of the errors posted. That worked for a little while, until this morning when it started throwing the syntax error as well. I've tried relogging in, turning logging on and off, clearing the logs, and basic uninstal/reinstal; but it doesn't seem to be helping.

So I'm here because I really only know enough to be dangerous when it comes to any of this troubleshooting.

I'm still running the 0.5 pre-release, here is the copy of the log information. Thanks ahead of time for your help. I really do prefer Chirpr to any of the other gadgets out there.


[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:44:33 am » save settings¹ / settings::[dialog session]]  [CHECKPOINT] »» settings saved
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:08 am » get messages¹ / main::page.messages.update]  [STARTING...] »» getting messages w/ refresh
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:08 am » get messages¹ / main::page.messages.update]  getting latest messages, now...
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:08 am » get messages¹ / chirpr::chirpr.twitter.getMessages]  [STARTING...]
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:08 am » get messages¹ / chirpr::chirpr.twitter.getMessages]  getting messages: http://twitter.com/statuses/friends_timeline.json?count=20
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:08 am » get messages¹ / chirpr::chirpr.twitter.getMessages]  http send succeeded »» calling success logic
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:08 am » get messages¹ / chirpr::chirpr.twitter.getMessages[success]]  [STARTING...] »» extracting messages
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:08 am » get messagesº / chirpr::chirpr.twitter.getMessages[success]]  message extraction threw exception: Syntax error »» calling failure logic
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:08 am » get messages¹ / chirpr::chirpr.twitter.getMessages[failed]]  [STARTING...] »» http=[object], e=[object Error]
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:08 am » get messages¹ / chirpr::chirpr.twitter.getMessages[failed]]  error: Syntax error
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:08 am » get messages¹ / chirpr::chirpr.twitter.getMessages[failed]]  calling failure handler (Syntax error)
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:08 am » get messagesº / main::page.messages.update[failed]]  update failed; Syntax error »» showing alert
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:08 am » get messagesº / main::page.messages.update]  [...FINISHED] »» error: Syntax error
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:08 am » get messages¹ / chirpr::chirpr.twitter.getMessages[failed]]  [...FINISHED] »» error=Syntax error
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:08 am » get messagesº / chirpr::chirpr.twitter.getMessages[success]]  [...FINISHED] »» message extraction threw exception: Syntax error
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:08 am » get messagesº / chirpr::chirpr.twitter.getMessages]  [...FINISHED] »» error during http request
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:08 am » get messages¹ / main::page.messages.update]  [CHECKPOINT] »» update skipped
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:08 am » get messages¹ / main::page.messages.update]  [CHECKPOINT] »» update skipped
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:28 am » save settings¹ / settings::[dialog session]]  [STARTING...]
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:28 am » save settings¹ / settings::page.init]  [CHECKPOINT]
[angiwyn @ 8/7/2009 11:45:31 am » save settings¹ / settings::page.regions.init[log.load]]  load log region