Problem with special characters

Oct 25, 2008 at 10:09 AM
Hello!

First of all, a nice looking gadget you have been working on. I have been missing a good Twitter gadget on my home PC after I started using Google Desktop's Twitter Gadget on my work laptop.

However, there's one problem that prevents me from using chirpr. Since I update mainly on Finnish language, I need some special characters working. We have these strange letters like ä and ö. (That come from Unicode Latin-1 supplement, http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0080.pdf). Using those letters from chirpr messes messages up. For example when I write "ääkköstestiä", I get "äköstiä". So it would seem that chirpr loses the letter after special character, except that it's not always the next letter.

In case it matters, my Vista is 64-bit Home Premium. I hope you can fix this in the future, since I would really much like to use your gadget.

Best regards, Niko Martiskainen
Coordinator
Oct 25, 2008 at 10:19 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.